Say his name: George Floyd

Too many black lives snuffed out too soon
By people the same color as me 
But who think nothing like I do.
Not that anyone is perfect. Lord knows not I.
But I see people the way they want to be seen.
I respect people for who they are as people.
Not some ill-informed preconceived notion of how 
Everyone with a certain skin tone is supposed to act.
And I see clearly the systematic wheels that turn to keep
Black folks down. 
I know there is no justification for the level they are 
Pulled over, arrested, killed, prosecuted or convicted.
Our entire system of justice in this country is set up to punish black people.
What we need now is a revolution of our entire system of justice. 
From top to bottom. 
Tear the whole motherfucker down
And start clean.
Make it fair for everyone by listening to the concerns of those disproportionately affected.

Unless we do this now, we will repeat the ugly history of this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NIght Drive

Please like and subscribe on Youtube! Love you all! -Dream